Richard J. Cherchio was elected on April 7, 2015 to represent the residents of Ward 4 on the North Las Vegas City Council. This is Mr. Cherchio’s second time serving the residents of Ward 4, having previously served on the City Council through an appointment from 2009-2011. He has been a resident of North Las Vegas since moving to Nevada with his wife Gloria in September 2001.
Mr. Cherchio’s growing reputation as an effective and dedicated community leader led to his appointment to the City Council in 2009. He was known as an accessible and full-time Councilman, serving on multiple boards, including the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition, Nellis AFB Civilian Military Board, VIPs, Urban Chamber, and the City of North Las Vegas Legislative Affairs Committee, among others.
He and his wife, Gloria, have been married for 37 years. They are parents to Lisa, grandparents to Nicole, Allison and Jennifer (who currently serves in the Army Reserves), and recently became proud great-grandparents to Elend and Melina.
Councilman Cherchio currently serves or has served with the following organizations:
Richard’s Demonstrated Commitment to North Las Vegas
- Founder, North Las Vegas Alliance of Homeowners Associations and Concerned Citizens
- Member of the Debt Management Commission
- Member of the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition
- Member, Protectors of Tule Springs
- Member, Northwest Police Command Citizens Community Council
- Graduate, North Las Vegas Police Department Citizens’ Police Academy
- Member, Citizens Police Academy Alumni North
- Member, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Latin Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Hispanics in Politics